If you are interested in buying either a clear or two tone coloured airsoft bb gun, then the only restriction is that the purchaser must be over 18 years. When you purchase a clear or legal two tone gun from this site you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age. For more information see the section below on clear / two tone airsoft bb guns.
Clear or Coloured Two Tone Airsoft BB Guns
These can be sold to anyone over the age of 18 as long as they have proof of age at the time of purchase. Any person under 18 years of age, can possess a BB gun but only on private property/land, which means a parent, guardian, relative or similar can buy a 2 tone airsoft BB gun and give it to a child to use or keep as a gift, which does not contravene the VCRA Act. (For under 18’s use please see our section on gun safety).
The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.
The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 is often referred to as VCRA (as it is often shortened) which is a piece of legislation created by the Government to help combat crime. The Act covers the sale, importation and manufacturer of Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIFs) and black airsoft guns in the UK. The laws that affect airsoft replicas came in to effect on the 1st of October 2007. If you are under 18 years of age, it is illegal for you to buy any airsoft gun. It is also illegal for anyone to sell one to you, whether you are a skirmisher or not. When you purchase a black airsoft gun or RIF from this site you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age.
Black Airsoft Guns / RIFS
To buy a black airsoft gun or RIF all purchasers have to be over the age of 18 and have a “legal defence to, or an exemption to the VCRA act as follows”:-
- Must be a registered airsoft skirmisher. They can do this by taking out membership of an airsoft site which holds third-party liability insurance or by joining a registered player’s organisation such as http://www.britishairsoftclub.co.uk/ which holders a database of players verified details. Please click on the link or search “British Airsoft Club” for more information.
- Military Re-enactment Associations – Persons over 18 also involved in Military Re-enactment Associations, please note we will still need to see proof of your membership before supplying you RIF or black airsoft gun.
- Film, television or theatre production company - Persons over 18 purchasing for a film, television or theatre production company, along with confirmation that the gun would only be used within this purpose. Please supply details at time of purchase.
- Museum – Any persons over 18 purchasing for or are acting on behalf of a museum. Please supply details at time of purchase
- A Crown Servant in pursuance of your Crown duties. Any persons over 18 and an acting crown servant, please supply your government department and contact details
Our site checkout includes a box for your skirmish site details or British Airsoft club registration. Please note we can only ship RIFs to a player’s registered address, or the verifiable address if purchasing via the other defences above. If you are not able to supply information for one of the above then please do not attempt to purchase a black airsoft or RIF from our site. If you do attempt to purchase a black airsoft or RIF without supplying the correct information, we will not process your order and we deduct a £10 admin fee from your refund to cover processing charges. If you have any questions please contact us via the main contact us page. If you are not able to supply any of the information above and still wish to purchase an Airsoft gun we can supply most guns in legal two tone colours.
Notes on FPS
UK Airsoft established at 1.3 joules (approx. 374FPS/.2g bb) for full auto and 2.5 joules (approx 519FPS) for single/semi sniper or pistol. Please note: each skirmish site will have different FPS limits on their games, please check with your site operator. This is only is provided to inform you of the maximum legal limits only.
Please note the above is general guide only for detailed information please see:
Neither DSRETAILUK or any of its directors, employees or other representatives accepts no responsibility for the improper use of replica guns, and by purchasing from us, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.